Terms and Conditions
We are thrilled that you are here to move and grow with us. But before you begin your first class, we need you to clearly understand the risks of participating in one of our classes and that by signing this waiver you agree that you have voluntarily chosen to participate in our classes and assume all the risks associated with participating in the class. By signing this agreement you also acknowledge your understanding that you will not be able to take any legal action against the Iron Cycle Club as a result of any losses that you may experience while participating in our classes.
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING THAT YOU ARE READING. PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS IF ANYTHING IS UNCLEAR AS YOU ARE ABOUT TO SIGN AWAY SOME OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
Let’s Get Started:
In consideration for us allowing you to participate in the classes and services offered at ICC, you agree as follows:
1. The Parties. The Parties to this agreement are Iron Cycle Club Inc. (“us”, “ICC”, or “we”) and _________________ (“you”)
2. The Risks of What We Are Doing Together. You understand that the cycling classes, cycling classes with weights and light weight classes (together the “Activities”) have inherent risks, some of which are more obvious than others. These risks can result in serious bodily harm and sometimes mental harm that could alter your quality of living. In very rare and extreme circumstances, the risks of participating in these activities could even result in death. The risks of these activities include but are not limited to the following:
2.1. Risks of cycle classes: muscle pulls, tears, and strains; sprained or broken bones; injuries from falling such as bruising or cuts, twisted, sprained or broken limbs; dizziness; fainting; feeling tired; nausea; difficulty breathing; heart attack; and other unknown injuries that may occur as a result of an underlying and pre-existing health condition.
2.2. Risks of light weight classes: muscle pulls, tears, and strains; sprained or broken bones; injuries from falling such as bruising or cuts, twisted, sprained or broken limbs; injuries from accidental collision with weights; dizziness; fainting; feeling tired; nausea; difficulty breathing; heart attack; and other unknown injuries that may occur as a result of an underlying and pre-existing health condition.
You understand that any time you engage in physical activity there are certain cardiovascular and skeletomuscular risks. You agree to listen to your body, progress at your own pace and inform the instructor if at any time you feel unwell or unable to perform a movement safely. If at any point you feel overexertion, pain or fatigue, you will respect your body and will take rest. Always let us know if something isn’t feeling right – because if you don’t tell us we can’t know and therefore can’t help.
3. Medical Advice. You acknowledge that you will consult with a physician who will approve of your participation in the Activities or that you are certain that your medical and fitness levels are sufficient for you to join our classes. You acknowledge that your mental health and physical conditions will not prevent your full participation in these classes. Further, you acknowledge that there is no risk of your health endangering yourself or others in the class. You must disclose any serious medical conditions or injuries to the instructor prior to beginning a class in order to determine whether you can partake.
4. Voluntary Assumption of Risk. By signing this Waiver, you acknowledge that you are fully aware of the risk of the Activities and that you voluntarily assume all of the risks and outcomes of such risks which may materialize out of your participation in the Activities. You understand the dangers of the Activities, and with full understanding of these risks, still decide to voluntarily participate in our classes at ICC.
7. Minors. In British Columbia you are considered a minor if you are 19 years old or younger. We would still love for you to attend classes, but as a new student you must have a parent or guardian come in to the studio to sign this waiver and release form on your behalf.
8. General Terms.
8.1. Jurisdiction. This Agreement will be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of British Columbia.
8.2. Severability. If any provisions of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions in the Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
8.3. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties and replaces any prior agreements.
8.4. Waiver of Breach. The waiver by Me of any breach by You of any provision of this Agreement will not be taken to be a waiver of any further breaches by You.
8.5. Notice. For the purpose of this Agreement, e-mail or text messages will suffice for written notice when required asset out above.