Terms and Conditions
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
Welcome to BurnCycle! BurnCycle provides full-body indoor cycling classes, incorporating drills to target your upper body, obliques and core while using a stationary bike as a vehicle for low impact, high intensity interval train- ing. BurnCycle classes are taught with high intensity, but you are responsible for taking the class at your own pace according to your health, skill and comfort level. BurnCycle in-studio bikes are self-adjusting, so you control your intensity, refer to your bikes user manual if you are riding with us online. Once class begins, we ride in the dark and utilize intermittent lighting. The music is loud, so we provide earplugs for your use if needed. BurnCycle in-studio customers must be 14 years of age or older and at least 4’10” tall to ride.
As a new rider in-studio, we require one of our skilled team members to properly fit you to your bike. If are riding at home, refer to your bike’s user manual for proper fit and how to make adjustments. After you are fit, our staff will explain how to manage your resistance and how to clip in and out of the pedals. The in-studio bikes require cycling shoes with cleats. You may bring your own or rent shoes from BurnCycle. BurnCycle also offers activities, parties and events for groups, private parties, charity rides and more. Please note that BurnCycle reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
The undersigned desires to use BurnCycle Washington LLC (“BurnCycle”) facilities and equipment (the “Facilities and Equip- ment”) and participate in BurnCycle activities, classes (in-studio and online/digital) and events (“Activities, Classes and Events”). In consideration for the right to use BurnCycle Facilities and Equipment and participate in Activities, Classes and Events, I voluntarily agree to this Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk (the “Release”) according to the following terms:
(1) I accept BurnCycle’s Facilities and Equipment “as is” and agree to use the BurnCycle Facilities and Equip- ment and participate in Activities, Classes (in-studio and online/digital) and Events at my own risk. I understand the inherent risks involved in the use of BurnCycle’s Facilities and Equipment and participation in Activities, Classes (in-studio and online/digital) and Events, and I expressly assume the risks of bodily injury, permanent disability or death. I agree to follow all BurnCycle rules and regulations and to use BurnCycle’s Facilities and Equipment only as indicated and instructed by BurnCycle’s staff.
(2) Prior to participating in any BurnCycle Activities, Classes (in-studio and online/digital) and Events, I will inspect the Facilities and Equipment to be used. If I determine that anything related to the Facilities and Equipment or Activities, Classes (in-studio and online/digital) and Events appears unsafe, I will immediately advise a BurnCycle employee of the condition and will not engage in the activity until the condition has been corrected.
(3) Prior to engaging in any of BurnCycle Activities, Classes (in-studio or online/digital) and Events, I will discuss with my doctor or other healthcare provider to ensure that it is safe for me to do so.
(4) If I am pregnant or become pregnant, I will receive clearance from my healthcare provider that it is safe for me to participate in BurnCycle Activities, Classes (in-studio or online/digital) and Events.
(5) I will not hold BurnCycle liable for any injury or damage to my person or property, arising from or related to
(a) my use of BurnCycle’s Facilities and Equipment; (b) participation in BurnCycle Activities, Classes and Events; or
(c) negligent acts or omissions of other patrons or guests of BurnCycle. I forever release and discharge BurnCycle from all claims, demands and/or causes of action relating to any such injury or damage. Despite this Release, if I or anyone on my behalf makes a claim against BurnCycle, I will indemnify BurnCycle from any and all litigation costs, attorney fees, damages or other expenses arising from such claim.
(6) I consent to emergency medical care and/or transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of an injury. This Release extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connecting with such emergency medical treatment, care and/or transportation.
(7) I will not hold BurnCycle liable for lost or stolen personal property. I understand that it is my sole responsibility to ensure that my valuables are secured.
(8) If any portion of this Release is declared invalid, I agree that all other terms and conditions of this Release shall remain effective. This Release shall be of perpetual duration and shall remain valid and enforceable.
For purposes of this Release, “BurnCycle” refers to its respective owners, subsidiaries, members, agents, officers, directors, employees, contractors, suppliers, vendors, equipment manufacturers, distributors, successors and assigns. I am executing this Release on behalf of myself and my heirs, executors, successors and assigns.
I have read the above Release, understand its contents, and understand that by signing below, I have given up substantial rights.